Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gcast- what's that?

In my endless searching for new ideas and information, I came across an article about a site called Gcast. I have heard of audiocast and podcast, but never Gcast, so I had to check it out. I am so glad that I did because I think this is an excellent resource for our students.

Basically a Gcast is a podcast recorded and sent by telephone. The purpose is to allow a person to contribute a cast without a computer. I have created a site for my students to utilize. All of my students don't have computers, but all have access to a telephone. They can now answer questions, participate in discussions, interview and host a broadcoast directly from their phones.


If you want more information or to setup your own Gcast site simply follow the directions below.

1. Go to the site: http://www.gcast.com
2. Click on the sign up now link in the top right corner of the page.
3. Complete the form and be sure to click on accept terms
(Keep in mind that your username does not have to be the name of your site- you can edit that on the next page.)
4. Enter your 10 digit phone (Your students will need this number- so make one up if you don't want them to have your number)
5. Create your 4 digit pin- (Your students will need this number to post so keep it simple)

You are done!


To call in your Gcast simply call the toll free number and follow the prompts:
(888)65G-cast

Happy posting!!




Here's a sample of a Gcast that I did from my phone:

Subscribe Free  Add to my Page

No comments: